Peer Mediation Training & Support
Designed for middle or high school students interested in mediating conflicts between their peers throughout the school year. With support from staff, pairs of students provide a confidential process for student disputants to discuss conflict and ideally come to a mutually beneficial solution. For example in one academic year the Peer Mediator in one school helped peers work through differences in more than 75 cases.
In part, entails:
- 15-hours of intensive training and role-play practice for new Peer Mediators
- Assistance with outreach and program establishment within the school
- Mediation intake, process and agreement forms
- Ongoing support via role play and skill-refresher training
- Additional, specialized training as needed
Location: This training and program support has occurred at University Park Campus School, Claremont Academy, and Sullivan Middle School.