Direct Youth Programming
Peer Mediation Training & Support
Designed for middle or high school students interested in mediating conflicts between their peers throughout the school year. With support from staff, pairs of students provide a confidential process for student disputants to discuss conflict and ideally come to a mutually beneficial solution. For example in one academic year the Peer Mediator in one school helped peers work through differences in more than 75 cases.
In part, entails:
- 15-hours of intensive training and role-play practice for new Peer Mediators
- Assistance with outreach and program establishment within the school
- Mediation intake, process and agreement forms
- Ongoing support via role play and skill-refresher training
- Additional, specialized training as needed
Location: This training and program support has occurred at University Park Campus School, Claremont Academy, and Sullivan Middle School.
Click here to learn more about our 2017 peer mediator cohort!
Click the link above to listen to our Voices of Peace podcasts!